Our members are authorised to carry out repairs both in and out of warranty for many brands of Consumer Electronics and Domestic Appliances. These include the following – Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Apple, Loewe, Pioneer, Philips, JVC, Toshiba, Hitachi, Sanyo, B & O,Sharp, Yamaha, Hisense, Indesit, Electrolux, Zanussi, AEG, Beko, Whirlpool, Lec, Belling, New World, Stoves & Daewoo. Some manufacturers do restrict this for certain product types but we can advise you of this when you book a repair.
Certain product types such as Digital Cameras and some Audio Equipment are repaired at specialist central locations in the UK. In these cases the Authorised Service Centre will contact you to arrange collection of your product.
- All repairs carried out on products within the manufacturers’ warranty are subject to their Terms & Conditions.
- In general, physical damage is not covered so any work carried out for this type of issue may incur a charge.
- Most manufacturers’ warranties do not generally cover an engineer’s call out fee with the exception of large screen TVs (40″+) and Domestic Appliances. Where this is not covered, you may still book an engineer to call but a small fee may be charged. Alternatively you can book the job but take the product to your local authorised service centre whose details will be provided upon completion of the booking.
- Some form of Proof of Purchase is also required to confirm the warranty’s validity.
- Many manufacturers, retailers and independent insurers offer their own Extended Warranties.
- If your product is outside of the manufacturer’s standard guarantee but you think it may be covered by an Extended Warranty or Maintenance Contract please check your paperwork. Although our members are authorised by most of these companies to carry out repairs on their behalf you may be required Two words contact the insurer to obtain an authorisation number. Once authorisation is given, you may then proceed to book a repair.
Out of Warranty
- If your product is not covered by any form of warranty, in most cases we are still able to carry out a repair.
- It is quite often more cost effective to have a product repaired rather than replace it, particularly if it is less than 5 years old.
- The engineer will always provide an estimate if the cost is going to exceed the standard inspection fee.
- As all of our Service Centres are approved by the manufacturers we are able to source spare parts directly,hence helping to keep the overall cost of the repair to a minimum.
- If you wish for an engineer to call to your home there will generally be a small call out fee. In some cases should be two words it may be worthwhile taking the product into the Service Centre.